Saturday, January 09, 2010

Twennyten

How long before a blog gets shut down due to neglect?

What a hopeful way to start the first blog post of the year.

The transition into the year felt like labour pains - not like I would know what that feels like but I venture to imagine.

Three holidays in a row - Desaru Penang and Hong Kong - the last proved to be the killer.

I have reached the conclusion that Hong Kong's food, although plenteous and generally good (which can be attributed to the oil, salt and MSG), is rather unhealthy. Too much meat and carbs. The only real find was Itamae Sushi 板前寿司 that had awesome jumbo scallops.

Jetstar flight back from Hong Kong was delayed (from 815 pm to 9 am), but the airline was nice enough to put us up at Marriot. The bed was huge (read: can fit 3 of me) and in my starved and delirious (stomach flu or food poisoning) state I initially didn't know which part of it to occupy.

But that was probably the best rest I had in a while. On the big bed, I mean.

Need a break to recover from the holidays, but term is reopening next week i.e. in 2 more days.

No comments: