Tuesday, November 02, 2010

in a month I have

Had 2 weeks of non-productive holidays, the suffocating need to practise seems to have left me since the cello exam, like an exorcised demon. It doesn't help that Cello Yoda is out of the country for 3 weeks. My practising has been shaved down to Carl Flesch, Sevcik and Popper, basically the therapeutic technical stuff.

And thank God I passed with distinction beyond the wildest of my dreams, like some surrogate reality in which I am myself but also another, like that in Fringe the TV show.

Read 70 ish articles on risk factors predicting early onset of alcohol use, and another 70 ish on social support for cardiac patients (from which I realised watching House helps in deciphering alien medical lingo).

Played for a korean church concert, and fell in love with the korean sound that is a huge ball that hits you in the gut unexpectedly considering it comes from these women that look so fragile in their Chanel heels branded totes impeccably made up faces sculpted hair. They press the strings with a vengeance and wring the sound from the instrument like the way they squeeze the water out of cabbage to make kimchi. Even the violinists. The bliss.

No comments: